Vida Clinic therapists have a Masters degree or higher in social work (LCSW), counseling (LPC) or PhD/PsyD in Psychology (LP). They are trained in a variety of evidence-based strategies and can work with you and/or your family on issues related to:
- Mood Disorders (Depression, Anxiety)
- Stress management
- Psychological trauma and toxic stress
- Relationship and attachment
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Parenting/ caregiving issues
- Life transitions
- Chronic health problems
- Severe and persistent mental illness
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Significant family transitions
- Grief and loss
- High conflict households
- Complex trauma and acute crises
- Family separation
- Parenting challenges
- School-related difficulties
- Conflict between caregivers
Our clinics are open year-round, which means no disruption in client care during summer or holiday breaks.
Inspired by our work with youth, families, and community partnerships, we are committed to the greater good of creating positive societal change. Vida Clinic participates in legislative testimonies and advocacy work that have brought mental health issues to the conscious awareness of our state and federal governments and to our communities. Additionally, members of our team have presented on our innovative model of mental health care at the local and national level.
Vida Clinic offers a menu of school-embedded services that aim to support individual, as well as campuswide, needs. Our programming is coordinated in collaboration with the school and takes into consideration the culture of each unique campus community. We enthusiastically welcome opportunities to offer our wellness resources to campuses! Services are determined through ongoing needs assessments and staff requests.
Mental Health Services Provided:
- Psychological Care
- Campuswide training and professional development
- Consultation services for teachers and school staff
- Small group workshops
- Crisis support
Advantages of Vida Clinic’s School Clinics
Vida Clinic’s school based model provides intensive clinical services that are distinct from other programs or interventions offered on campuses. We collaborate closely with school counselors, administrators, nurses, educators, police officers and other campus-based support programs to coordinate care. With Vida Clinic providing intensive clinical services on campus, school staff gain peace of mind in knowing individuals in distress have access to the mental health care that they need, which, in turn, helps students and families to feel more supported and satisfied with their school experience.
Advantages of Vida Clinic Model:
- Helping schools detect signs of mental health problems early.
- Getting individuals in for services quickly.
- Delivering on our commitment to working with both youth and adults.
- Providing a system in which parents do not miss work to take students to therapy.
- Ensuring students miss minimal school to attend sessions.
- Providing ongoing, clinical services year-around.
- Removing the stigma of mental health issues on school campuses.
- Working in partnership with school counselors and other educators to create a “system” of care for our youth, where families and educators are also involved in their healing process when appropriate.